My brother in law's birthday was this past weekend and I made Tiramisu. I thought it would be pretty to serve them in large wine glasses. They're perfect serving size...well double the serving size, but you can't have too much Tiramisu.
I like this recipe because it really has very simple ingredients. The only thing that needs cooking is the egg, marscapone, and whipped cream, although that is really optional. But I like to heat the egg/sugar mixture just to be safe.
Here are the ingredients:
- 2 cups dark coffee
- 1/4 cup Kahlua
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 16 lady finger cookies
- 2 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
First make a coffee dip for the cookies:1. Make 2 cups of extra strong coffee, the stronger the better, and add 1/4 Kahlua or your favorite coffee liquor.
Second, make the cream:1. Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks, you will only need the egg yolks.
2. Add 1/4 cup sugar to the egg yolks and beat on top of a double boiler or steamer until creamy.
3. Take the egg mix away from the double boiler or steamer and continue mixing until cool.
4. Add 8 ounces of mascarpone to the egg mixture and mix well.
5. In a separate bowl, whip up 1 cup heavy whipping cream until it forms soft peaks.
6. Add the whipped cream to the egg/mascarpone mixture and fold well.
Third, put the Tiramisu together:1. Cut the lady fingers to fit your container.
2. Dip each lady finger into the coffee mixture and lay into the container.
3. Put a layer of cream on top of the lady fingers.
4. Dust the cream with dark cocoa powder.
5. Repeat the layers: lady fingers, cream, cocoa powder.
6. For the final layer, dust generously with cocoa powder.